Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 16:06:28 -0700
Hi Alexandra,

I don't know about the putting themselves away in the cage personally,
but my best friend who uses the cage only during periods of house
cleaning, having people over, or when the doors are going to be opened
alot has seen this phenomenon. Her ferrets have free range of the
house, but when they get sleepy, they head to the cage, which is always
open. Mine get supervised out time in two Marshall playpens latched
together (until I get my own place and create a ferret room). With 4, I
was using all kinds of different techniques to get them back and forth,
but I discovered that they love to ride in this cheap plastic tote my
kinder students carry. So now, all I have to do is place it in the pen
and wait. Three of the four will climb right in, even though they know
it means that they have to go back to the cage. The fourth likes to
stand on the outside and look at the other three :).

~Jennie