From:
Jason Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:12:15 -0500
I have a two year old albino boy who is very sweet. since we brought
him home as a baby, he had a slight head tilt and was kind of 'off'.
Well, just this past June, he seemed to have some kind of seizure
issue. He doesn't shake, but he goes very rigid. For about a month
I had to syringe feed him duk soup and kept a very close eye on him
because he didn't seem to want to eat on his own. He was also very
lethargic. We did some tests at the vet and the only thing they could
determine was that he had immflamitory bowel disease. So we treated
that. He eventually became very bright eyed, very much his old self,
but he had to relearn how to walk. He would flop around and crawl on
one side...it was very awkward to look at, but he got where he wanted
to go. Then his walking became much better (though not normal) and he
even started playing with the others, with me, and stealing things
again.

I live with a seizure disorder myself, so I just pampered him and
figured this was something we would have to live with...his slightly
clumsy walk. Well, last month he started doing it again. Not to the
extreme he did last time, but the rigidity has returned and he is very
clumsy. He does have a healthy appetite and his stools are fine and
healthy looking. I'm syringe feeding him again...just so I know for
sure how much food he's getting, but I'm worried. For the last few
weeks he hasn't wanted to play. Except for the sporatic stiffness and
the floppy walking, he seems healthy. I'd hate to think that he's
hurting or something....(he does grind his teeth from time to time)....
but he does get up and move around on his own, and climb things from
time to time, and there are moments when he's completely himself and
seeks me out to cuddle with me. Has anyone ever experienced anything
like this, or heard of something similiar? I wish I could afford a
whole battery of tests just to see what this is, but I can't at the
moment. And since there seems to be nothing to treat, I'm not sure what
good it would do. At this point I'm also wondering about his quality of
life. I keep telling myself he bounced back before, and it was worse
before, but I feel bad for him not feeling like playing or doing many
of his favorite things. I would just appreciate some thoughts or info
on this.

Thanks so much!

Jason