Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:52:15 EDT
This is not totally ferret related but you guys are the best to ask. I
have a 4 lb teacup Chihuahua I had gotten for me and my ferrets a few
months ago. The problem is she refuses to eat dog/puppy kibble. She
will, though, eat the ferret kibble. I've tried every kind of dog and
puppy kibble (soft and hard) and cans of puppy food but she will not
eat it. Is ferret kibble harmful to puppies? I know it doesn't have the
proper vitamins for puppies and probably too much fat but I thought
maybe eating ferret kibble is better than all "hooman" food. She woiuld
rather starve than eat the puppy stuff. Now I know my puppy grew up
with ferrets and thinks she's a ferret (she buries herself under things
to sleep and plays with them like she is a ferret. When Gracie hisses
at her, she does a funny growl like a hiss!), but is it ok to eat like
a ferret? It's such a waste to put puppy kibble out every day and she
doesn't touch it. Would it be ok to just let her eat the ferret kibble?

If it is too much to put the answer on the FML, you can email me
directly! Thank-you!!