From:
lightkeeper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2007 02:53:46 -0600
Approximately 6 weeks ago I announced an egg drive for the rescued DMK
kids and with the cut-off date of Halloween, time is running out for
getting in the orders. I have had a lot of orders to come in; eggs
being purchased and to be donated to the rescued kids; I also had a lot
of plastic Easter eggs donated so that helped out tremendously as well.
Initially when I spoke with Lori I told her I would be sending a big
box of eggs to her and I have since decided instead of sending the eggs
to her and she being out the expense of repackaging them and mailing
out to the shelters who took in the rescues, I will be sending the eggs
directly to them saving time and expense to Lori. If you are a shelter,
rescue, or sanctuary and you took in some of the DMK kids, I need your
mailing address so I can get the eggs to you for the ferrets. If you
would still like to donate eggs to the DMK kids there is time but not
much, the cut-off date for the orders is this Wednesday; Halloween.
Eggs are 50 cents each and I am fronting the shipping on all the orders
going out to the shelters, rescues, and sanctuaries.

This past week I was lucky enough to get to deliver eggs to some of the
rescues in person. Moms who were rescued from the DMK farm back early
in the spring and had their babies, we adopted two of them; Andy and
Annie. We were in Louisville KY on Monday the 21st getting our two
spayed and neutered and we spent a good portion of the day with Jerri C
shelter mom at the Ferret Haven Rescue in Louisville. All the fuzzies
there under Jerri's care are doing wonderfully, this lady really is a
FANTASTIC shelter mom.

If you have any questions about the donations don't hesitate to get in
touch with me.

~Karen

Check out my famous crochet ferret eggs for your ferrets. Over 350
dozen sold and that is a lot of happy ferrets.
http://www.derbyeggsandmore.com/

Egg Page:
http://derbyeggsandmore.com/DerbyEggs.html