Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2007 08:13:39 -0700
My dishwasher finally gasped its last grinding breath, so I went
shopping for a new one this week. Quite a few surprises out there.
One, you need a lot of money. Two, all but one brand is designed to
entrap ferrets or remove fingers/hands from human toddlers.

At one store the DW display was on a wall. This allowed eyelevel view
under the closed DW door. I saw open space, hoses, motors, gears,
wires. A ferret Disney Land. Some I could get my entire hand under,
some had a small opening for a couple fingers, or a toddlers hand, or
a ferret.

Asked the salesperson if they came with covers for that area? Surely
they did? Such a obvious safety flaw......

One guy told me they all did, just wasn't put on for display. He also
tried to sell me a brand I had no interest in whatsoever. Next store,
same story. This time the sales person made a phone call to the
manufacturer for my on a brand/machine I would have bought. Nope, no
cover.

I know you are thinking, *why not make your own cover silly woman*.

Because when the door opens the bottom swings into that area. On those
that did not, there was open space up into the door itself. For a lot
of money, MY money, I want a safe DW.

I did find one. Completely covered underneath, door that has sealed
bottom.

Ardith
But mommmmm, we wouldn't get under there, honest....