From:
Beth Randall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 10:36:15 -0700
>From:    Kimberly Pratt <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Off Topic-RABBITS?
>
>The local Human Society calls me when folks need help with a ferret.
>Today they gave my phone number to a woman in Montana who is looking
>to find a home for two 4-year-old rabbits. I have no experience with
>rabbits and I don't know who to send her to. Can anyone help me?

Kim I would try these contacts for rabbits:

http://www.rabbit.org/hrs-info/contacts.html

<http://mysite.verizon.net/vze27h5b/rabbitwisesbundergroundrailroad/id39.html>

http://www.animalshelter.org/shelters/Montana.asp

Rabbits can be harder to re-home than ferrets- they tend by nature to
be very independant, not gregarious like ferrets, usually if a rabbit
is friendly it is only friendly to one or two owners - not always-
occassionally there are some taht are cuddlebugs, but not often- of the
30 rescues we have only 1 likes to be held- compared to the 15 rescued
ferrets that all adore attention from people. I know people cannot keep
rabbits & ferrets together & most are concerned for the rabbits sake,
however i know some of our larger rabbits would tear the crap out of
a ferret if it tried to get them! They are strong critters with tough
teeth & claws.

take care,
beth
www.crittercamp.biz