From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 19:32:14 -0700
Dear All,

I'm writing this to you all from our Ohio hotel lobby's computer
station. We're just a short drive to Lorie's. Tomorrow morning we will
be going in to help Lorie and the DMK kids, as well as manage a large
transport back to Maryland. That transport will not only include
ferrets for Rocky's, but also many ferrets earmarked (no pun intended
or tats!) for other shelters on the East Coast and Texas.

Meanwhile, the effort and excitement is still underway for a great
Celebration at Rocky's this Saturday, ROCKY'S OKTOBERFEST 2007!!!!!!!
If you've never been to one of our fundraisers, the operative word
is FUN!!! This is an open house for visits to our shelter and our
quarantine building (The Love Shack), and a great opportunity for
ferret lovers to mingle in the great country sunshine and crisp Fall
air on our 130 acre farm. For more details:
http://rockysferrets.com/events/of/oktoberfest.html
We always welcome old friends, and look forward to making new ones!
This is a party not to be missed! It's not a show, it's a party for
ferret lovers!! This is a rain or shine event, but the forecast is
for a perfect Fall day!

For anyone that cannot attend, but would enjoy participating in our
raffles, we have a wonderful opportunity for you. We've got many of
our OKTOBERFEST Raffle items on a webpage. For pics of some of our
raffle items that you can immediately participate in, go to:
http://www.rockysraffles.com/

You can have fun and a chance to win a wonderful item for just a
dollar, or as much as $5. All proceeds will go to continue the
operation of Rocky's, and at this time with being involved in the
DMK East Coast transport and taking in DMK ferrets, like others,
our needs are great.

Affectionately,
Barb Clay
Dir of Shelter Affairs for Rocky's