From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 07:43:41 -0400
Hi FML'ers

Here is my two cents on the cage issue. .

When I have a headache, my ferrets are in their cages. No one gets
hurt, they have water, food, and my soup. They are clean and dry,
litter pans cleaned, everything they need to be safe and happy.

Do not feel bad if you cannot give your ferrets time out if you are
sick. I know where my ferrets and dogs came from. I know ferret
Wednesday was starved almost to deaths door. She may be in her cage,
BUT she is never hungry or thirsty. She bangs her dish up and down for
more soup and by passes the kibble. She gets two dishes a day. Well,
the kibble is there if she wants it or to feed to the dogs. She throws
it out to them.

All three of my dogs were abused, two were beaten, I mean BEATEN. One
had a collar grown into his neck. The Buff Shepherd has a half moon cut
into her ear, I'll bet that hurt, she had one back toe on her left back
leg removed, ouch, and a tattoo of a lightening bolt on her upper back
leg. All before she was 3 months old.

I know where everything here came from, and I cannot believe they would
trade me in because I crated everyone for a day. People are cruel and
love to feel superior by inflicting pain on animals.

Don't feel guilty - life out there is much worse than being in a cage
for a day or two. Stress - is when someone is chopping off your tow and
you are to little to bite them. You sound like you provide a good home,
food, shelter, and if you fail for a day, it is better than going to
a place where heaven knows what will happen. It is heart breaking to
listen to an animal cry because it is hurt, and all you can do is
provide kind hands and let them know you are there. Trust once lost
is hard to regain - took 5 years for the Malamute that was beaten, but
he finally realized I will not catch him in the door, hold him tight
between the door and the wall, and kick him. Try potty training an
animal that is afraid to go out through the door. Try it for 5 years.

I too have headaches, I also have to work, but everyone here is fat and
happy, and only kindness is spoken here. NO one is ever hurt, food and
water abound, and if they are crated, they just sleep. Sometimes, they
can't wait to get out of their cages to sleep on my bed.

I rest my case.

Standing by with a bucket of water to put out the flames.

Marilyn and the gang at Ledoux Hospice.