From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:51:26 -0400
Christine,

If you would check your spam folder at your ISP provider you probably
would find the answer to the surrender form you submitted. Much like
where for some reason that your surrender form ended up at SBC.

The date that you submitted the surrender form was 7/31/07. Stating
you must move by August 15. We have a minimum of 5 weeks waiting for
surrenders to come in. We are at capacity, stretched to the limits. I
spend 16 hours a day cleaning, playtimes, vet runs, ferret laundry,
speaking on the phone, there was no phone calls or messages on the
machine, if there were, you would have gotten a call back. I try to
check the junk mail once a week, but that always doesn't happen and
it stretches into every other week.

Have you tried placing your ferrets by networking? Posting notices
at your vet's office? Have you tried taking an active role in finding
a home for your ferrets other than filling out a surrender form or
posting on the FML? When did you realize that you must move? I am
sure it was before July 31.

We have 68 ferrets here in the shelter, several have been here two
years or more. Several are waiting their turn for surgery. I am
sorry you must give up your ferrets, but you must also take the
responsibility of becoming proactive in finding a home for your
ferrets rather than wait for the shelter to come to the rescue.

Something some folks forget shelter operators have families and family
emergencies too.

You may not have realized how the shelter was doing, but one look at
the adoptable page, you would see that we have a house full, and there
are several that are not up there yet.

Maybe I should posted on how we are doing, but the last time I had
posted stating numbers, looking for homes, ideas, and help I was
flamed. So I read the FML and send replies personally, when I have
the time. In fact the only reason I am posting this is someone called
at 8 AM about your post in the FML.

Jean Caputo-Lee
Director
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
4116 Bucyrus Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44109
http://www.ferretsunlimited.org"www.ferretsunlimited.org
Non-Profit, No-Kill
216/749-3885
216/409-3849

Volunteers are the backbone of ALL shelters. Little donations add up
to BIG Miracles