From:
Julie Dyke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:57:42 -0700
I'm from Ohio and am on vacation in Topsail, NC. We went shopping in
the Jacksonville Mall and they had a pet store with ferrets so I had
to go in and get my fix. I was very upset to find them in an enclosure
with solid sides and the top was solid that slid open when you wanted
to get them out. It was very warm when I reached in there to get the
babies out. If that wasn't bad enough, I scruffed one of the babies to
check their teeth because it looked very young and was told not to hold
the ferrets that way because they couldn't breathe. I looked at her in
surprise, tried to explain to her that it wasn't true, and she said the
reason they yawn is to get their breath. I also tried to explain to her
about the heat the ferrets were in and she said there haven't been any
problems so they must not be bothered by it. There was no reasoning
with this woman so I asked to see the manager and of course he wasn't
there.

We are leaving so if there is anyone close to the Jacksonville Mall I
think some ferret awareness is needed. I hated leaving those babies in
that situation. :(

I would appreciate if you find out anything to let me know offline.

Thanks,
Julie