Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:09:26 EDT
I had a ferret with a persistent ferret cough/bark. I took him to
multiple vets and he was on multiple meds. I was a mess listening to
him at night and feeling utterly helpless.

Finally, I found a vet who put him on a nebulizer with no meds. I put
the ferret in a carrier and wrapped a plastic bag around the small
carrier. I put the ferret in the carrier,and left only a small opening
for the nebulizer to release mist. I had to do that every night for a
few months. I did it while watching TV and talking to my little fellow
for about 30 minutes a night. Then the problem just disappeared except
for an occasional harsh cough maybe twice a year.

The ferret was checked out for heart disease and also put on a
multitude of antibiotics first. There was no heart disease. I cannot
tell you how helpless I felt. Nothing worked until the nebulizer.

You can get one online. Just close up the garbage bag over the small
carrier with one of those black heavy garbage bags that closes off,
leaving a small opening.