Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:02:10 -0500
"Well, okay. It's okay", ya know why? Hurricane Renee finally moved out
of the area. "And that's a good thing", ya know why? Cause that meant
some McKay babies were all the closer to their new homes. I've been
dying to update everyone, but quite frankly, as my redneck neighbors
say, "I ain't right". I havent' been able to think straight and there
is a special reason why I've been busy. NO it's not huffing birds,
sheesh. I'll spill the beans in another post.

Well, we worked all week preparing for the storm. I was quite tired. I
wanted to make sure I didn't have a lick of work to do while we were
being hit by the hurricane. Any time spent cleaning cages or doing
laundry or something, would mean less time having fun with Renee. So
we all busted our butts. We also wanted to make sure things were
comfortable for the clean up crew that was driving up to help us,
Sharon and Joe Beardon.

Saturday, Renee did not come in Saturday night as planned because the
online maps she used or something, sucked big fat miles. No really, it
was far more hours, plus time, than what the maps suggested. It was
awful. But she got to see the Poconos.

Sunday arrived and Sharon and Joe showed up after lunch. No renee.
Minutes, HOURS ticked by and no Renee. Now, now, wait, I know those of
you who have had her visit are making faces and you are saying "and?"
because Renee alllllllllllways runs off schedule and not just a little.
Gypsy's are like that. But, this time, we could not get through on a
phone. To anyone. Ugh. We had no idea where she was. Renee might as
well as have a cell phone super glued to her head ... she is that easy
to get in touch with her when you need her. So this was VERY alarming.
And people were worried clearn to California. The fact that a clean up
crew was sitting by ready to move into action looking at me make it all
the more apparent, and so I worried ...sick. Finally, we heard from her
in the very late afternoon. She had been in a bizzare vacuum of a
place in Ohio where there is no service. I had no idea there were such
places. I'm so ignorant and spoiled. The clean up team decided they
needed to stay until she got here, no matter what time that was. Omg.
So, a very tired all of us, tried to pass time by watching Grendel at
the theaters (ah, I think I've seen the future of movie making, like
it or not), got ice cream, and watched Ferrets of Excellence. The wee
hours rolled in.

The white SUV rolled into the area hauling lots and lots of McKay
babies somewhere around 10. Omg, every inch of the car had cages. It
was so bad, Renee had to pack her clothes AROUND the cages in the
cracks that poor thing. Dianna D, gave her a nifty thing to go on top
of the car to haul other things which was cool. Regardless of a cross
country trip from Conn, running behind a day, the turkey episode, and
almost wrecking with a careless 18 wheeler ... she made it and true
to form came out with smiles. The garage door opened and the work
commenced. Girls and boys, we were unloading and getting babies
excercised and settled until 4:30 am. The clean up crew, Sharon and
Joe, then had a 2 hours drive back home. They were blessed with their
own little adoption named Gus! Thank God for the clean crew, guys.
Because by Midnight Scott had already put in a 12 hour day and been
awake for like 20 hours. He had to go to bed. Chet had to go to bed
too, because he had college the next day and he is still too
inexperienced for driving so tired. Sean, true to autistic form looked
at us like we were crazy and went to bed at 9pm!! Thank you Sharon and
Joe. I felt so stupid, because my allergies wouldn't even let me breath
in the room. I could do nothing. And I was so confused in the head from
my problem acting up, I coudln't do much of anything (shut up Alex).
All I could do, was watch the babies play. I could not take my eyes off
of them.

Wolfy