From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 20:36:10 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

I personally do not collect a lot of ferret figurines or accessories
made to look like ferrets, but I know that a lot of you do. So I'm
writing to tell you about one that I just ran across. It is a Pez
dispenser. Yes, Pez, those weird little candies. I keep them in a
dispenser in the glove compartment of my car for my nephew who is very
sugar sensitive. There are lots of treats that he can't have because
of the sugar content, and he is only four. When others around him
are chowing down on sugary delights, I give him two Pez and he feels
mollified. Peace reigns. Pez are little bricks of pure sugar, but they
are little. Two of them actually have less sugar than a bottle of
"fruit" juice, which carries a big slug of sugar in the form of corn
syrup. Sugar is danged near added to everything that a little kid is
usually given, it's a challenge to keep him away from it, but not
feeling ripped off.

Enter Pez into my life. I can never find the candies all on their own
for sale, you have to buy a new dispenser when you run out. (Good
marketing!) Anyway, I found a dispenser that looks *just* like a
ferret. Here is a picture from the Pez web site, it doesn't do justice
to the ferretiness of the actual product. You would never know it
wasn't a ferret when you look at it up close. Look at the dispenser
on the far left of the picture.
http://www.pez.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1177

I have no idea what character it is in real life. A cashier told me he
thought it was supposed to be a Honey Badger. I found mine up at the
cash register at Border's book store. I think I paid $1.99 for it. It
came with a few sleeves of the little candies in the package.

Happy hunting!

Alexandra in MA