Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:13:21 -0400
Hi everyone,

I got some good replies from the FML regarding Valentine's mange around
his mouth. Most people seem to think that it's related to his melatonin
treatments for his adrenal disease. While it is becoming harder to wipe
away, it doesn't appear to be doing him any harm that I can tell.

The problem is, the melatonin/lupron regimen that he's been on for
several months no longer appears to be effectively countering his
adrenal diease. He's probably 80% bald on his body, and the hair on
his face is starting to thin in some places. Because of his heart
condition, Valentine is not a candidate for adrenalectomy or surgery
of any other kind.

So, I was reading an old issue of Exotic DVM and I read an article by
Charles Weiss on the various meds used to treat adrenal disease. I'd
love to hear from anyone who has used bicalutamide (Casodex), or
flutamide (Eulexin) or finasteride (Propecia) to treat their fur
kids. It looks like that's all Valentine has left to fall back on.

John