Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2007 22:29:13 -0700
Hi Gang,

In my new house I discovered a big pile of ants today right where my
outdoor enclosure is suppose to go! They look just like regular house
kind of ants. Not real big or real small. I was clearing some left over
shingles and they were all over. How can I get rid of them without
contaminating the ground? I was going to enclose this area for the
ferrets playground because it already has a wooden base where the
previous owners had a playground. It has no grass, just bark. Any
ideas would be grateful. I am below the snow line and it freezes here
maybe 10 times a winter.

Now for the Fundraiser and new furchild product. As some of you know I
am the fundraising chair for our club, West Coast Ferrets. We rescue
and transport ferrets to safety out of state by DFG permit A lady in
our club, Nancy, has designed an awesome new potty box! Oh yeah, you
say. But really, it requires no litter and REALLY cuts down on the
mess. They are patent pending. Here is a link to her website
<http://www.ferretoasis.com/> . Nancy has been witnessing the struggle
that I have been having raising funds and has agreed to help us AND
other ferret entities, including SOS. She is going to donate a portion
of her proceeds to help us, SOS and the ferret legalization effort. I
know what the percentages are. Lets' just say they are beyond generous.

So, if you need a great product and want to help at the same time go
check out her website and do both at once. She sells on E-bay also.
I hope all your fur kids are doing great. Mine are pretty tired of
me gone to the new house all day long and half the night. It has
been quite a project. I have the new floors all in now and we have
hot water. Ceilings are complete & 75% of the interior painting is
finished. Just one more plumbing problem to troubleshoot. New HVAC
is next. I have to stop working on the house for 3 weeks because of
traveling but hopefully we will be in the new digs by Thanksgiving!
Give me those Ant get rid of tips! Thanks, Mary Jo