From:
Soda Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2007 01:30:50 -0400
Early morning and SodaFerret was taking his usual morning stroll around
the Rainbow Bridge Village. What a beautiful place the Creator had made
for all the animals that lived on earth and were now waiting to be
reunited with those they loved. Everything was so incredible; such
beauty the Creator had used to make this special place for them, no one
was ever hungry or thirsty, good food and fresh water were aplenty.
Mother-helpers were everywhere within the different groups of animals
helping the younger ones that came to the Rainbow Bridge before their
time; love abound for all, no one was ever lonely, every animal's heart
was filled with love for the one they waited for and also from the
Great Promise they had been given.

Several times a day the playing would stop suddenly and everyone would
look towards the Heavens. An animal would bolt from the group and head
to the entrance of the Rainbow Bridge; someone had whispered to their
heart, their human had come for them, the Promise was true in every
word given. Their health had been restored, they were young again,
limbs were made strong, eyes seeing every detail of all the beauty
there just for them. A heart overflowing with love and happiness,
The Promise was true, IT WAS TRUE and they could not wait to fling
themselves into the arms that had loved them, the soft gentle hands
that cradled their body, the arms that held them as they took their
last breath, the gentleness they yearned to feel, to be held again
and caressed, and most important of all, to hear the words from their
human, I love you; I told you I would come.

SodaFerret felt a twitch in his whiskers and he knew, another ferret
had lost the brave fight they had fought, another heart ached, a
torrent of tears falling inside it, another loss but that broken heart
would hold fast to the Promise given by the Creator......we will be
together again someday. It is your time to go, I don't want you to
leave but you must. Please wait for me, I promise I will come for you
when it is my time.

Soda began to head for the entrance of the Rainbow Bridge. He was sure
the other Bridge Helpers had felt the same message. Arriving at the
Rainbow Bridge entrance, Soda saw all his helpers assembled; they were
there to help him welcome the new comer.

The breeze began to shift and the sky took on new colors that seemed to
dance on the wind. The colors danced and the little group watched them
change from one shade to another. As the breeze danced and the colors
swirled, fairy dust gently fell on those there to welcome a little girl
ferret named Kissy. The group of ferrets all joined paws as they closed
their eyes and began to send all their strength to the one coming. As
they used their love to help guide the one who had left and was making
their way to the Rainbow Bridge, they were also send their love and
prayers to the one left behind who had cared for Kissy and was now
shattered by the loss of the little freckled-nose girl she had cared
for and loved so much.

In the distance they heard they familiar clop-clop-clop and the group
knew MoonBeam Molly had arrived with her tiny passenger. The beautiful
white unicorn lowered herself down so her passenger could disembark.

Suddenly a Bridge helper broke from the group and Maggie trotted
half-way across the Rainbow Bridge's time-worn timbers to greet the
one who had just arrived.

The unicorn patiently waited for her tiny passenger to gather her
strength and climb down from the basket from which she had streaked
across the night sky. A bright light hurling its way to the heavens,
a little girl ferret making her way to the Rainbow Bridge to touch
the horizon.

Suddenly the little girl ferret began to hear a song drifting to her
on the breeze. Kissy heard a deep clear voice filling the air with the
bittersweet refrain of the Ferret Promise Song. The melody of love told
the story of hope and promise and also of sorrow and loss all tied
together in the cycle of life. The song explained pain fading away, of
limbs being made strong again, and eyes once more bright and seeing,
it told of the sorrow of passing and the joy waiting in the Promise.
As Soda sang the sad sweet song, he had tears rolling down his furry
cheeks. The song he sang was also a song of love he was singing to
the human whose heart had been shattered by the passing of Kissy.

Finally a tiny sable head with a freckled nose poked up just enough to
allow herself to look around. "Hi Kissy, I be Maggie and we bees here
to welcomes you" the little Bridge Helper told the new arrival.

Looking all around and as far as the eye could see, Kissy saw love and
beauty. She was amazed at how good she felt; her legs didn't hurt, eyes
were bright again, everything about her seemed to be brand new.

MoonBeam Molly whispered her prayer of love to the little ferret and
in her words there was not only love but also the courage Kissy needed
to help her climb down from the basket.

Climbing down, Kissy could see a group of ferrets awaiting her across
the tear-stained timbers of the Rainbow Bridge. The little ferret known
as Maggie reached a tiny velvet paw out to Kissy and the girls joined
paws, the little Bridge Helper offering her love and guidance to the
one who had just arrived.

As the two ferrets made their way across the Bridge, SodaFerret stepped
out from the circle of the Bridge Helpers. Taking a paw of the newcomer
Soda welcomed Kissy to the Rainbow Bridge. The little girl Kissy
stopped and looked all around, eyes big and bright taking in all the
sights. When she finally spoke she told the group that the Rainbow
Bridge was everything and more her mamma Shawn had told her it would
be. Everything was so beautiful and she felt better than she had in
years.

Another of the Bridge Helpers told Kissy they had a surprise for her,
"Cwose yur eyes Kissy" Jade told her "and no peeks eidder."

"Okay Kissy you can opens yur eyes now" Maggie told her.

Little Kissy opened her eyes slowly not knowing what she might see.
Standing before her were two of her friends; Twisty and Faith. The
three ferrets fell together in a weasel-war-dancing heap. After much
sniffing, giggling, kissing, more weasel-war-dancing, gentle nips and
bites, the three ferrets helped one another up. Kissy was overjoyed
to see two of her ferret friends from home.

A handsome sable ferret named Buddy stepped forward and said to Kissy
and the other two ferrets, "we has anodder surprise for you, all cwose
yur eyes."

The three ferrets all joined paws, closing their eyes wondering what
was next. The three little ferrets felt something soft falling on them
and when they opened their eyes they all screamed in happiness, it was
a white toilet paper storm falling gently on them; a recreation of
mischief they had created while still on earth together. Kissy, Twisty,
and Faith all danced, dooked, and leaped in the air as the soft gentle
pieces fell on them. When the TP storm was all over, the three ferrets
stood more than ankle deep in the soft white paper that rained down on
them from Heaven. "Dis bees just wike home" Kissy shouted, only da mama
not bees here" she said quietly.

SodaFerret took one of Kissy's much smaller paws into one of his own.
Lovingly, looking at the little girl ferret he asked her, "Kissy is
the Rainbow Bridge everything your mama told you it would be?"

"Yes" Kissy told him. "Mama tells me a wot bout how it bees. I happy
to sees Wucky and Faiths but I miss da mama" she replied.

"Kissy, did you mama tells you about the Promise and that you would
see her again some day?" SodaFerret asked the little girl.

"Yes she tells me bout dat" Kissy replied "but how wong I haves to
wait to sees her?" little Kissy wanted to know.

"Kissy" Soda began, "time has no meaning for us here, we don't count
the days, we are here and we wait because we know we can trust in the
Promise. For those of us here waiting, time is more like a blink of an
eye. You will know when your mama Shawn comes for you, someone will
whisper it to your heart and then she will come and gather you, Twisty,
and Faith unto her and you will all be together again."

"Ok, den we waits" Kissy told SodaFerret. Turning away from the group
for an instant, little Kissy whispered a hope and a prayer to her mama
in her heart telling her she had completed her journey, she was young
and strong once again. She thanked mama Shawn for loving her so much
and taking such good care of her. "I waits for you mama" Kissy
whispered the prayer to the one she loved. "I loves you and I waits
for you."

If you would like a greeting for your ferret, email your request to