Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:07:40 -0400
From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Lisa-

Once upon a time I had a basically naked ferret and we, too, lived in
the N. East. Winter isn't a joke here as you know. She suffered from
the cold before and after her adrenal surgery. I discovered that it is
*danged* hard to keep a ferret dressed in warm clothes if they don't
want to be. I carefully crocheted her soft sweaters from baby yarn. Off
in a second. I sewed her little nighties from t-shirt material. Off in
a second. Grrrr.

What finally worked was buying ready made little kid tube socks and
customizing them. Cut out a small piece from the toe for the head to
go through, punched two little holes for the front legs to go through.
The sock is then basically a fabric tube that fits snugly along the
body like a sausage skin. It's much harder to back out of, and that's
finally what I had the best results with. Easier and cheaper than any
other alternatives that I tried. You mangle a few socks learning how to
cut just the right size holes for the head (needs to be smaller than
you think or they can peel out of it!) and front legs. Buy a six-pack
or two of little socks and practice.

Alexandra in MA