From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 13:38:25 -0400
In the states where ferret shelters are inspected by the state and
given state permits would HSUS help?

NJ is such a state; I don't know about OH. In fact, I recall years back
when i was trying to seek something to help Deb S in NJ when the person
at the NJF&G office (which is what provides licenses and permits for
any ferret things in NJ) was describing how the periodic inspections of
shelters happen and was talking about how spotless and clean smelling
Deb's is. Steve and I have never been there, so we didn't know one way
or the other.

BTW, for those who want to use NJ ferret shelters NJ now requires that
you be sure to have your permit. It's not a big deal and very cheap for
a few home pets. We've been getting them each year for over a quarter
century. If any of you need the address I can look it up for you.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: