Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2007 17:10:30 EDT
>We had worked out the whole thing for them, down to a location large
>enough to house the ferrets. Again, this whole plan was based upon the
>HSUS doing its job and getting us on the property legally. When going
>in legally, there is notification to all involved. They do not just
>show up in guerrilla fashion. Even with as little as 24 hour notice,
>it would have gone into effect.
>
>Many that had promised involvement did so under the condition it was
>a legal seizure with the involvement of the HSUS or USDA. Even though
>this shelter and MFRAN are non-profit 501 c 3 corporations and they
>would be getting a tax write off, involvement of HSUS or USDA would
>equal publicity. National Publicity. When you can dangle the
>possibility of National publicity for doing the right thing in the
>front of the faces of profit driven corporations, you get help,
>if things happen according to plan. One came out and told me, no
>publicity, and no help. Ah, the pursuit of the all mighty dollar,
>it can make one a saint or a sinner.
>
>You do not think publicity is that powerful? HSUS was working with
>us, they supposedly did their own investigation, but as soon as the
>Michael Vic case came to light they dropped us like a hot potato, and
>we hadn't heard from them since. Personally, I think they were blowing
>smoke up our proverbial you know what.

Although I rarely post, I (and many other pet mavens) do read
everything that hits the nets, newspapers and radio news sources where
pets are concerned. It appears that many of you here are finally
learning what many of us involved in the pet legislative arena have
known for many years.

There is an adage that goes, "what you think you thought you seen,
isn't necessarily what you saw."

Another iterates, "What you think you heard me say, isn't exactly what
I said and not what I meant to say when you misunderstood what you
heard."

Get a grip on reality folks, because sooner or later it's going to get
a grip on you! Anyone who believes that the HSUS and PeTA are concerned
with anything other than propagating their Agenda and padding their
Bank Accounts, are living in a fantasy world. Headlines, especially
grizzly atrocities compute in massive donations of dollars! Pictures
that are damning in and of themselves, properly cut then enlarged and
captioned for maximum effect are paramount in deceptive perception
bring in even larger monetary donations. Money, especially huge
quantities of money, equate to Power. An AGENDA supported by MONEY buys
political POWER. Misplaced POWER creates CORRUPTION! CORRUPTION enables
and empowers the AGENDA.

Is anyone out there thinking? Has anyone picked up on the cycle of
deception. PLEASE! SEND MORE MONEY TO HELP THE ANIMALS!

In talking to rescuers involved in on-site operations following
hurricanes Katrina and Rita, it was heartbreaking to learn that the
HSUS was the largest obstacle to overcome. HSUS would not allow rescue
or cadaver dog teams into the areas until they agreed to sign work
agreements as HSUS sponsored personnel. These Dog Teams received
no food or rest accommodations, monies or financial support and no
recognition from HSUS. According to the controlled press releases, the
HSUS took care of everything. They still haven't accounted for $52
Million, and their only answer is: It (the money) was absorbed into
the system's "General Fund."

I would like to hear from all the ferret "Shelter and/or Rescue"
operators who are salaried by the shelter or Rescue they operate. I
would like to know how much each of you are paid from the "General
Fund" that you solicit to "care for the ferrets." If you are one of
these salaried employees of a ferret shelter, please let the rest of
the ferret sheltering community know how this is accomplished, and
how much you are allocated to receive in salary and how much is in
the form of an IRA, 401K or similar retirement fund.

If you support and believe in the Agenda of HSUS, PeTA, Fund for
Animals or any of the other Animal Rights organizations please note
that the ownership of any being is, "enslavement." Also, as a rescue
facility, the caging of any free being is abhorrent. If you rescue
(take possession of) any animal, then re-home that animal for a
recuperative fee (sale), YOU are a slaver of a Bio-chalet sentient
being. As such, you are exploiting that animal's misery for personal
pleasure and gain! The HSUS cannot be guilty of any of these facets;
know why? Because they deal only in money. The HSUS does not operate
any animal shelter anywhere in the USA! Had HSUS taken any part of
this massive effort, it would have been only for the Notoriety and
Press Headlines, and the money (it always goes to them) donated by
pet lovers and intended for the care of these animals.

Dropped like a hot potato? Smoke up your "you know what"? That smoke
came from the hot potato. You may have be luckier than you'll ever
know!

Everybody need to believe in something; I believe I'll go play with
our "Bio-Chalets."

Rick White -  SAFE Legislative Affairs Liaison
Tel: (210) 661-9195 or (210) 661-0608
PO  Box 190042
San Antonio, TX 78220-7000

"Stupid is as Stupid does."  Quote from "Forrest Gump"