Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2007 09:00:44 EDT
Hi everyone.

I have not had anyone from HSUS return my calls on Friday.Dawn has
never been in on a Friday when I call. But one of the first things this
lady Dawn asked was if there was going to be publicity. Their thinking
of coming to a location to help save the lives of about 1000 ferrets
may indeed have been based on their selfishness.

Apparently people other than myself may have been called as though they
WERE going to help. I had emails from people essential to the rescue
that said no one ever returned their emails or calls. I left the names
and emails of everyone I read of that was involved in the rescue.

I will call Monday to tell Dawn of my disappointment in what I see as
a their lack of concern for animals. It will not change anything. It
will just make me feel better. And thus will end my years of donating
to them.

I do not just donate to ferret causes. There are abused women who need
food and shelter. I support a group that raises money for them. I
support the Alzheimers Association, as my mother apparently has it, and
millions of people are now and will be Helpless in the hell holes of
nursing homes around the country without a cure. The shortage of nurses
aids is prevalent in all the places we have in the area. And the job is
never ending, and physically, emotionally, and mentally draining with
minimum pay.

I support my local shelters, and various animal groups. I frequently
get those letters that have a half dead animal on the cover, and start
crying, and write out a check at my desk immediately. I have pledged to
pay for a wolf at my local zoo for years. Just little and old me that
needs to save for my retirement, and has others to support.

SO I am truly unsettled by the lack of concern of any major group like
the HSUS that could have saved the ferret community so much money if
they had cared to. If anyone has any evidence of any of the large
groups helping, please write and tell us. These groups had pockets
to at least pull out $500. for heavens sake.

Many thanks again to all who have taken in these little ones, and to
ALL the shelters that could not afford to do so. The stress on the
shelter system from this will be felt for AT LEAST the next year.
Shelters needing Lupron will not be getting any help to pay. Offers to
pay for surgeries for a non Ohio ferret will not be there as before.
BAD news for the few shelters still open.

Prayers for all the shelters and ferrets that are struggling for
existence and will be under such hardship for at least the coming
year.. As others in the know feel it is time to support other shelters
now.... Let us do so as we can.

Zoos Ferret Sanctuary needs Lupron for 19 ferrets now. They go through
15 pounds of food a day. More ferrets have come in. One bliind one was
left at a campsight to die. Another was found on a highway near death.
And on and on. Shelter after shelter.

Sorry. Just cannot believe the HSUS could not lift a finger to help us.