From:
April Vannatta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2007 15:58:32 -0400
I would like to thank Zoo for her information on lupron in the FML a
couple of days ago.

Most people seem to have more experience with surgery than with lupron,
so it's not often that you hear much about it. My info has been pretty
limited to what the vet has told me, and my own (very) limited
experience with adrenal disease.

I have three ferrets on lupron, and my Caesar always gets a lump a
few days after his shot. It didn't seem to hurt him so we weren't TOO
worried, but how wonderful to know that his lump means the shots are
working better! I have never heard this before. Usually people say that
surgery is the best option - I hardly hear anything from people about
lupron as anything other than a temporary thing before surgery, or as
something you do when both glands are gone and the ferret still has
symptoms. My vet strongly believe in lupron over surgery, and since
she has treated exotics including ferrets for 20+ years, and is always
right on the mark about other issues, that is what we have been doing.
It's nice to have someone else confirm it for me. :)