Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:13:30 EDT
I sent this to some close friends yesterday and thought it appropriate
to post this here. Sorry I have bad news and Moose sure could use some
help on the other side.

I wish I had good news. Moose has been quite sick for a while now and
recently (last Friday) things got worse. We took Moose to the vet to
have him put in oxygen. During the course of the weekend we went to
visit Moose twice, both times were for an hour and a half to two hours.
Moose was steadily getting worse. We seemed to have made progress on
Saturday and then once again on Sunday. Saturday he would eat some
Carnivore care and on Sunday he did not eat but when we tapped the
chest cavity, we pulled over 80 ml of liquid. This had filled up in
only 2 weeks time. When we left the vet Moose seemed a little more
comfy, but certainly not ready to come home. Expecting good news after
we helped the vet tap his chest (last time we did the tap, Moose came
home for two months), I continued on to take the wife out to dinner
(yesterday was her birthday). We received a late call on the way home
letting us know that Moose's condition had returned to what it was
when we dropped him off and they didn't expect him to make it through
the night. This was certainly not news she needed on her birthday let
alone any day. We told them to let him rest in the oxygen tent and we
would pray for him over night. I was surprised to talk to the vet this
morning when she said he made it through the night. Moose was suffering
at this point. Laboring to try and breathe. I have never had such a
difficult decision put on me. I didn't want to be selfish but I didn't
want him suffering. I left work after two hours and took the wife to
the vet. Moose cuddled with us for hours at the vet and then we had to
let him go. I can only hope that God forgives me for the decision I
had to make. I hope Moose forgives me when I get to the other side.