From:
phbumble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2007 08:43:31 -0600
>From: [log in to unmask]
>
> was thinking that I would start making some of those hammocks that
>are closed except for a slit on the top for them to climb into...
>
>I wanted to know how many people would be interested in buying them. I
>have two that I got at a store (where they are WAY too expensive) and
>my ferrets LOVE them and I'm pretty certain that I can make it myself
>for a whole lot cheaper than retail, considering that all the other
>stuff I make myself is way cheaper than buying it.

Diana, those shouldn't be hard to make at all. I've been making larger
versions of those for the kids here for several years. One suggestion
would be to use hangers rather than shower hooks as those can be
dangerous to smaller ferts.

The ones I make measure 21" by 22" for 3 or less ferts and 36" by 36"
for 3 or more ferts.

You can find the hooks on ebay, but I haven't been able to find the
nylon strapping to make the straps with, so I use fabric that matches
the material I make the hammock out of and I put a cotton fabric on the
outside and either fleece or artificial lambs wool on the inside with
2 layers of batting in the middle of the 2 fabrics to ensure the fuzz
kids are nice and warm.

Chris