From:
audrey trobaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:05:16 -0700
Hey guys. I have this ferret named James who has been fitted with a
bad medical problem. He is adrenal. Middle of June, he started feeling
a little hard on his private area. Then he peed and it went away. A
couple of days later it was back. Called my vet and took him in. She
said that we had to due an emergency catheter. Then we scheduled his
adrenal for the following week. Everyday that week we took him to the
vet for draining. Vet wanted to keep him but I refused. Anyway 4 days
later the catheter popped out so the next day on June 28th he had
emergency adrenal surgery. The vet found something very surprising.
James urine is going to his prostate, apparently his bladder and
prostate are communicating. She got 20cc of urine from is prostate. The
vet called University of Tennessee and they told her that they had only
seen this once before and that ferret only had 10cc. The other places
she has called haven't seen a case like his. Anyway they told our vet
to keep draining it and give him lupron shots. We are doing that. The
vet drained him on the 20th of July and only got about 4cc and then
today got 20ccs again. I am so frighten. I do not know what to do.
Please help me if you can. I thought about emailing Dr. Bruce Williams
but do not know his email address.

Thanks for listening. Also, I will be posting this on other boards.