From:
Ferret Nook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:06:02 -0500
To follow up on Renee's post (4/11/07), we contacted the Humane Society
and they stated it was in the hands of the Janesville, WI Police
Department. The person involved was raising snakes and rodents, then
selling them to local pet stores. The animals involved were not in bad
shape and well cared for - he just had too many animals and was running
a business out of his home without the proper credentials is what was
told to me. The Humane Society will contact us if the need arises.

We have also been in touch with Dave (Dookin Dave's Ferret Rescue) in
Beloit, WI. He is also aware of the situation.

Here is another link to Channel 3's story (Madison, WI).
http://www.channel3000.com/news/11608714/detail.html

Kathy Fritz, Executive Director
Ferret Nook Shelter/Adoption Center
Cambridge, WI 53523