From:
April Vannatta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:02:54 -0500
We just found out today that our regular ferret vets, Dr. Ponsor and
Dr. Cranny at South Suburban in Perrysburg, are no longer seeing
exotics.

They are referring everyone to Dr. Orosz at Bird and Exotic Pet
Wellness in Toledo.

We've gone to Dr. Orosz for lupron before, but have used her chiefly
for our birds. We have no idea how many ferrets she normally sees, and
while we're definitely willing to give her a chance with our ferrets,
we REALLY need a backup vet. Dr. Orosz has been our backup vet until
now, and it's great that we have an exotics vet to fall back on, but
we'd like to have other options available to us.

So if anyone knows of a GOOD ferret vet in the Toledo, OH area, please
please please let me know! In particular we are in need of a good
surgeon who will perform adrenal surgery, as Dr. Orosz has pushed
lupron exclusively with us and we are not sure under what circumstances
she would agree to perform surgery.