Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 12:53:39 -0500
Hello to all. By the time you read this it will be 12/19/06. That date
has particular importance to me, as it is one year to the day -- that
my Helena left for the Bridge. As I sit here and type this -- it is so
unbelievable how one year has passed, yet I still feel the same as I
did that day. Incredible, eh? I wish I could turn back time, one year
and one MONTH prior to now. If I did that -- then I could maybe have
prevented this tragic end to such a wonderful little girl.

There is an upside to this though. I was in Petco yesterday, the local
one in ABQ (I came home for the weekend) picking up some supplies for
my current kids and checkin the newbies that just got shipped in.
There was a couple there, who were adopting their first ferret. And of
course, I opened my mouth and tried to give them 5+ years of advice,
within a 5 minute period of time. They were so overloaded the girl
said: "Can I just get your number and call you if we have any issues
or questions"? I went into a big "lingo" regarding watching out for
fruit (remember it was a raisin that killed Helena), and how to ferret
proof their house. Explained how if one of their tiny little claws
can fit into an opening, that they will perform unnatural feats of
contortionistic positions, just so they can shove their little bodies
thru too. Here is the best part. The store manager saw me there -- saw
the couple and them talking to me -- and came over and said to them:
this is the best expert I know -- listen to her. *Wow*. Me? An expert?
My head did the necessary swelling and unswelling, and I wound down the
"advice" conversation, and they left with hope, advice, + all necessary
warnings, and their new little one. They thanked me profusively -- and
even asked more questions as they were leaving. A day well spent, I'd
have to say.

Anyhoo's so I send a prayer up to the Rainbow Bridge -- in hope that
Helena can sneak over to the "dream cave" and come and see me tomorrow.
It might, just MIGHT make it hurt, just a little less, and make me
smile, instead of cry. Isn't it incredible how these little tiny furry
mammals, can cause us to weep, laugh, run, jump, sit, juggle and
snuggle -- and teach us life's most important lesson: To love - all
in one day's worth of time? Damn -- most humans I know, can't even
do all that in 20 years! What's that say about OUR race, eh?

Dooks to all, and to all a good dook!!

Kimberly Gorman
Switch Technician
Commnet Wireless
(720) 733-5392

Lord, help me to be grateful for what I have, and not greedy for what I
want.....