Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2007 09:03:32 -0400
Hello. I had a ferret that would bite ankles and wrists of guests who
came to visit. What ended up working for us was a small spray bottle
filled with water. When she bit I would give her a light spray of the
water and say "NO BITE". As she learned, if she sniffed suspiciousy
around ankles I could give a warning spray next to her and remind her
"NO bite" and after awhile when guests came over I could just show her
the water bottle to remind her to be on best behavior. Eventually we
didn't need the water bottle and guests didn't need to hide their
ankles (-:

Risa

PS This wouldn't work with fear biting I'm sure. I had Mikette since
she was a kit and she was just a fiesty nipper of ankles and the
occasional wrist.