From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:52:01 -0700
I want to send a HUGE THANK YOU to the people in Amarillo, Texas and
Pampa, Texas who helped rescue two ferrets that were left in a cage in
my friend's SUV after she rolled over Saturday morning on the icy road
northeast of Amarillo. Laurie was going to be with her daughter in St.
Louis who was about to give birth, taking her ferrets with her. She
hit a patch of ice and rolled several times. She had minor injuries,
treated and released. No one was sure what happened to the ferrets.
When I learned about this I called several people who in turn called
others, and finally this morning someone went to the wreck in the
storage yard, dug through the blankets and stuff and found them still
alive. They had food but were really thirsty! The cage was somewhat
crushed and had to be cut open. They are now in a warm place with food
and water awaiting pickup.

Thanks you to my my contact in Carlsbad, NM, Terri C., my contact in
Pampa, Terri G., Russell, Kelly and anyone else involved in Amarillo.

A big raspberry to the sheriff in Panhandle who didn't take the ferrets
out contrary to Texas laws.

Carol Owens
Tucson
Ferret Friends, Inc.