From:
Tony XXX <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 22:43:46 +0000
I can not understand why some people in the warmer parts of say the USA
say that ferrets have to be housed indoors due to the fact that they
can not cope with the outdoor temperatures in winter.

I have been checking the outdoor temperatures at least once a week
here in the UK that my ferrets have to cope with unless we have any
server weather because none of my ferrets are housed indoors at the
moment and up to now I have not lost one due to the cold I can not
understand

Wed 10th January 2007
By 10 p.m. the temperature in the ferret room dropped to +5c

Wed 17th January 07
The outdoor temperature 1400 hrs was +7c

Tues. 23rd January 07
10 am the outdoor temperature was -2c

Thus 25th January 07
8 am and the outdoor temperature was -10c