Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 03:35:05 GMT
OK, I think the idea that wild animals should not be kept as pets or
imported without a permit is fine. And the state is trying to be fair
by soliciting input about which animals should and should not be
included. At the moment, they seem to be considering everthing but
dogs and cats, as noted in this article:
http://www.daily-times.com/ci_6054631

This is what I've seen of the proposal (with contact info at the end):
http://www.rexano.org/StatePages/NewMexicoFrame.htm

They're actually asking for input, and that's very nice. So if you
do write to this lady, please be nice. And because they're concerned
about native animals and the ecosystem, if you have links to published
studies about domestic ferrets not being a threat in this way
specifically, I'm sure it would help them in making their decision.

Thanks all,
--Clover
Rezweezil Ferret Rescue
ferretbedding.com