From:
Christine Najdzionek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2007 15:06:10 -0400
Just want to update everyone on the passing of our dear little Butch.
It was heartbreaking to watch his demise from a bouncy boy to a walking
cadaver. Finally it was just too apparent that the best thing for Butch
was to help him pass over, so my son and I held him as he took his last
breath. We buried him in our back yard. I just want to thank everyone
who helped us on this difficult journey - you know who you are. Never
have I met more compassionate, generous people. I keep thinking that if
only the whole world were like that - with people, with each other. The
world would be a perfect place.

So now we go back to life: we still have Fuzz, and the cat and our two
dogs. And I have my incredible son, who is chronically ill, but tended
to Butch's every need. My son has one of those diseases that there is
no cure for, and our life is difficult, to say the least. And I am
doing it all by myself. Even though I have hunted everywhere for help
with him, it is just not forthcoming. I definitely see more kindness
for animals than for people (sorry to say), and that makes me so sad.
But I don'[t want to end this on a negative note. Maybe the compassion
starts with the animals. Maybe the animals are teaching the people how
to treat each other, and someday, they will treat each other with
kindness and generosity.