From:
eri garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:46:46 -0500
OK, the question has been asked, so I valiantly jump in here to
respond...

In the past couple of years that I've been subscribed to the FML I
have witnessed numerous examples of people pretending to be ferrets and
"speaking in their voices". I also have seen a few comments hassling
these same folks with claims that these imitations are cheap, stupid,
etc. As far as the "voices" go, I don't always find them funny or
cute; some of them strike me as poor imitatiions of Amos & Andy, or
"Step-n-Fetchit"; I'd certainly like to think my own ferrets wouldn't
sound like this if they had the power of speech. However, many people
DO find them amusing, and I certainly see no harm in it, unless the
majority of ther group views it that way, which doesn't seem to be the
case. In the event that I am disinerested in the banter, I glide past
it in one smooth motion and -- GASP -- MOVE ON. Yup, I have that
super-power! I can actually avoid reading something if I don't want!

As far as the "Wedding" is concerned: Well, I find that sort of cute.
And it amuses me. For some odd reason, I miss poor Petey TPO, and the
recent wedding plans have helled fill the gap where Petey's goofiness
ended. Somehow, I have been drawn into the world of Miss Isabella and
Super Tonks, in spite of myself. Why? I've no clue. I'm just a
sentimental slob for a good romance, I guess. :) Is the whole thing
stupid? Maybe. Is it pointless? Mehhhh....pointless is in the eye of
the beholder, folks. The point, in my estimation, is to try to be
amusing and entertain the folks here at FML. "Distasteful", though?
In what way? "Stupid"? Pffft! Maybe it's goofy, but that's the entire
point. The perpetrators of this ongoing serial are merely offering
a bit of lighthearted silliness. What's the harm? If you aren't
interested, zip past it like I do a lot of the topics on the FML --
and every other group to which I belong. There's always going to be
a lot of chaff in with the wheat, people; don't try to spoil it all.
It's low-carb, lo-cal, and non-fattening, so enjoy it or ignore it. :)

And try to gain that same super-power I have...the ability to IGNORE
AT WILL! Woohoo!

~Eri & the Texas Toobsox: Indy, Pixie, and Tuckafert