From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 09:09:29 -0500
This year is the first year in a few years we had kids on the Giving
Tree. And I am deeply grateful to the people who adopted our kids.

Two packages arrived yesterday, and they had no return address other
than Ferret Store, and Ferret Depot. There is no indication of who they
were from. How do I know it was a Secrete Santa? It was address to the
fuzzies on the tree.

Poor boxes were a bit battered, but the treats, toys and snuggle sacks
arrived in great shape.

I still have a few thank you cards to send, and I would love to send
them to everyone, but there are a couple of packages that I cannot read
the return address.

It may only take a few minutes to write a thank you, but I ask folks
to try and be patient, not only for them from me, but from the other
shelter ops as well. If a shelter op works 10 hours, comes home takes
care of anywhere from 15 to 100 ferrets, and family, that minute or
two may not be as easy to come by.

Even being home, taking care of the over 100 kids here, I don't have
much time, but I am working on the pile of thank you's I need to send.
I have gotten some out, and there still are some left to go. This place
has been chaos, and I am sure it is the same in a few other homes and
shelters.

And if you haven't heard from a shelter op, send a quick email, and
just make sure your package arrived. We are very grateful for help, and
we really sometimes need help once in a while to keep us on the ball, a
gentle reminder.

Thank you to all who help all shelters, and on behalf of all of the
Giving Tree kids, we deeply appreciate your help, without you the
little balls of fur and love in our care, would not have safe havens
to live and wait for forever homes.

jean
Jean Caputo-Lee
Director