Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:52:35 -0500
From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>Besides, who here vacations even in Ohio?

We have. Ohio offers a LOT for vacationers at reasonable cost and much
of the state is very pretty. We've thought of parts of that state as
among our possible retirement locations. It actually has a very LARGE
tourism industry. BUT we won't vacation in Ohio this year and we DO
want conditions like those documented at the MacKay farm to improve,
so there is no good reason to not combine the two and use tourist
attractions and the tourism board to help press for improvements in
animal welfare.

Don't equate changes to stop inhumane actions with local animal number
restrictions, please. (BTW, some animal number restrictions make
sense because they stop the abuse of animal hoarding, but extreme
restrictions make no sense to me.) Regulations are NOT "all or
nothing"; there is such a thing as moderation, at least for most of us.
A great many states have more protection for animals than Ohio has and
those of us (including us) who are in those states still manage to have
happy multi-species families. In fact, some of us have been directly
helped by such laws, like when we found a pet store that was not
providing medical care for sick animals there and NJ State made them
care for the critters.

Shades of gray, please!

It is interesting that you both try to imply that no one vacations in
Ohio but also try to stop people from letting those vacation places
know why they won't be vacationing there this year. You can't have it
both ways...

Sukie (not a vet)
Current FHL address:
Recommended ferret health links: