Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 05:30:29 -0500
I wanted to take a moment to say thanks for all the good advice I got
here a few months ago when our Rocky was diagnosed with adrenal, and
to let you all know he's doing well.

We tried melatonin pills for a while, but didn't notice any
improvement. We scheduled surgery for early February and $411 later
Rocky came home with a long scar on his underside. We started to notice
within a few days or a week that his behavior seemed a bit better, and
over the course of the last 6 weeks we've seen great improvement.
Before the surgery his hair was almost all gone except for a few
patches, and it's now growing back nicely. His behavior has returned
to normal, such that he's not chewing on the ears of other ferrets or
chasing after them constantly. Because of that, he's been back in the
big cage with the others for a few weeks now, and they're getting along
wonderfully. He's even taken back to eating some of his old favorite
treats that he wouldn't touch while he was sick. He seems to be eating
well, though I still think he could stand to put on some weight.
Overall, a great improvement.

It's great to have our Rocky 'back'.

Thanks again!
Steve