Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:45:12 EST
>Excuse me Ruby, but where did you ever hear that ferrets from breeders
>don't suffer from cancer and insulinoma? I'm tired of hearing people
>feel sorry for themselves and their poor broken hearts. How about the
>poor little suffering ferrets. These rescues are wonderful - the best
>of the lot!!

How exactly is it selfish to buy a kit from a good breeder? Rescue
ferrets can be wonderful and I often encourage people to look into
rescue. I take in rescues myself and my current bunch includes two
MF rescues and one if a PV girl I bought six years ago. However my
preference is for ferrets from breeders. I prefer to purchase ferrets
which were not removed too young from their mothers, put through
surgery and shipped all over. I prefer not to have early spay and
neuters because IMO it is not in the best interest of the animal.

IMO going to a good shelter or buying from a good breeder are the most
responsible choices for an owner looking for a new ferret. People have
the right to choose where they get their fuzzies and shouldn't be made
to feel badly if they decide not to get a rescue.

Nikki