Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 00:29:14 -0400
From:
dooknook <[log in to unmask]>
Sometimes there are people so special that you take for granted they'll
always be there. Then all of a sudden they aren't and you realize
you've let too much time slip away and haven't stayed in touch with
that special person as often as you should have. You think "oh, they're
so busy, you won't bother them right now". Too sad.

When I first met Mike, we were both volunteers at Angela's shelter in
Miami. He was a tremendous help to Angela, to the ferrets and a fun
person to be around. I remember when he first started the website for
the shelter and I was able to help in a small way. We had so many
laughs trying to come up with graphics and ideas for the website.
Mike's devotion to ferrets started long before the FHL and even getting
his website up and running.

After Angela had to close the shelter, Mike continued with the website
which has now become the most comprehensive health information for our
fur friends that is written for ferret parents. So many of us refer to
it and recommend it to others.

When Chris Bennett started the FHL, Mike, Dr. Williams and Sukie were
asked to be moderators. Just a few short years later, we sadly lost
Chris but the FHL continues to go on and so will Mike's ferret health
care site. As a long time shelter operator I always encourage new
ferret owners to visit Mike's site, bookmark and refer to it often to
learn, before they need it, the symptoms of illness our little guys are
prone to. Mike and Chris have left a legacy for our beloved ferrets but
a sad loss of very good friends.

Rest in peace, Mike, with your furry friends,
Jackie