Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 02:13:29 -0800
Ok, a bit off topic, but I can't help it...

There is a new little "kit" in the business, coming after several false
starts and waiting games. My sweet daughter Gloria has presented me
with a brand new "kit", Heather, 8 lbs heavy, 20.5 inches long, and the
cutest little deep blue eyes you ever, ever saw. Gloria is a bit sore
after her c-section, but doing quite well, as is her husband, who has
impressed me with his dedication in giving back rubs during various
critical moments.

I now have a brand new title, and I think I like this one the best:
Granddad. And soon it will be a double title: my other daughter
Elizabeth is also pregnant and is due next summer! I actually found
out about Elizabeth while in Europe during what became the infamous
"80 Euro phone call" that killed my Vodafone while I was in southern
France.

In a few days I can send a jpeg of me holding my new "kit" for any of
my friends that ask. Anyway, this is why I fell of the face of the
earth this week. I've been helping: emotional support, ice chip
monitor, running for food and drinks, and being sent out of the room to
stand guard outside the door every few hours. I think I've had 10 hours
of sleep since my trip to York PA, but the exhaustion was worth it the
moment I got to hold the little pink monkey. I think that I'll stop
wearing Hawaiian shirts to ferret shows and start wearing t-shirts
with Heather's face on them instead.

Life is good. So very, very good.

Oh, to make this more ferret oriented so it is not so off topic, a
little update on Bruiser for those following the saga. All tests
(x-rays, blood) are still negative in all areas. One test came back
positive for ant poison, but a second and third test was negative, so
we now think it was a false positive. One current idea is that he had a
stroke that zapped the motor area of his brain. Another is that he has
some type of degenerative neurological disorder. Regardless, he can
now crawl over the floor in a sort of staggering, flopping way, mostly
a crawl, and has been playing with some toys in the last week. All
indications is that he will recover more from his total paralysis, but
I am not sure he will ever return to normal. I am not sure any true
diagnosis can be made until after his death (hopefully in the distant
future) and a necropsy can be done. In the meantime, Bruiser and I are
doing patterning, lots of physical enrichment, and sensory stimulation.
Thanks to all of you who have offered your emotional support during
this mess.

Bob C talktobobc at yahoo.com

[Remember that article above about clicker training your kit!  BIG]