From:
Julie Fossa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:52:15 -0800
I would like to update everyone on the McFarlane Ferrets. Twenty-two
have returned home to Larry and Sara. Four more will return this
weekend. Kodiak is in this group of 4 and had adrenal surgery this
week. Larry will continue his post-op care.

A total of fifteen ferrets have been surrendered to place into new
homes. So far, Bacchi, Sugar and Arowen have found good homes. I hope
to have pics of the others on the website soon. I think of Karen's
post yesterday, of the joys she had from her rescue baby. These ferrets
are capable of bringing joy too, and helping them over their rough
adjustments only helps forge that bond. If you can give that love
to one of these sweet babies, email me and I can give you more
information. I can also send pics.

Pork Chop, Cheyanne, Delilah and Tweeter are ready for new homes. If
you are interested and would like to see a picture, email me and I'll
send a pic of the ferret you are interested in. We are working on
getting them on the website.

Pork Chop is a sable male about 5 years old. He has a growth in a
delicate area, which resembles an epocrine cyst. It is not impeding
urine flow yet. He proudly emptied his bladder at the vet's to
demonstrate what a good job he could do! It will need to be carefully
watched and if it continues to grow, will need to be removed quickly
before it affects his ability to void. It will need to be taken off
while there is still enough tissue to close the incision correctly
still leaving him a way to void. He is on pred so a small supply will
come with him. You will also get a script for refills. He is a happy,
energetic older ferret. He is now with Cheyanne and Delilah, but only
for a month or so. I don't feel they are bonded, so he could go to a
new home independantly, if necessary.

Cheyanne, must be about 6.5 years young by now. We figured she must
have been about 18 months when we brought her back from Layton, Utah,
in September of 2001. She is a beautiful silver girl with a soft full
coat. She has been with Delilah for several years now, so the girls
should stay together.

Delilah is a beautiful marked white. I would guess Delilah's age at
5 or 6 years young. Delilah had a swollen vulva and has has adrenal
surgery. She has had a slow recovery so was started on pred and
florinef to help her body adjust. She will be able to be weaned off
these meds as her body adjusts and she feels better. She will come
with some of her meds and scripts for refills.

Tweeter is very special needs. He is a 6 or 7 year old marked white
with a pink nose sporting two black dots on his nostrils. He was
painfully thin at 1 pound and 1 ounce when Rebecca took him in the week
prior to her passing. He now weighs in at 1 pound 10 ounces, so is
gaining ground. He has been through Biaxin and Amoxi for helicobacter.
He is currently on pred for low blood sugar. He has some heart
problems, so the vet has him on a very low dose of furosemide to help
that problem. Scripts for refills for his meds along with a small
supply will be provided. Tweeter runs and plays and gets along with
the other geriatric ferrets here at the shelter. He is a very sweet
little boy.

Please consider carrying on the spirit of rescue Rebecca and Larry
showed for these little ferrets. They need a forever home where they
can be showered with love, have lots of run time and the medical care
they may need during their twilight years. They need to feel special.
Just like Karen's little rescue did. Give one of these little guys
the best Christmas gift ever: their own family.

Julie Fossa
FL (772)228-9067 winters
OH (419)225-8383 summers
West Central Ohio Ferret Shelter