Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 07:04:49 -0800
I understand that *broken heart* feeling all too well. Loosing 5 in a
year was hard, I had times when I said *never again*.

Then I remember why I had them in the first place, to *mend a broken
heart*. Theirs.....

All had been dumped, little souls that didn't understand why they were
no longer cute because they lost their fur, why the new boy/girl friend
said *me or it*, why the stunk just because no one cleaned for them.

A few days before Christmas Isabella and I made our last trip to my
veterinarian. She had lymphoma, and her will to live had left her.
Isabella was number 5, and I felt about as empty as the carrier on
the way home.

I had to drive by our county animal shelter and decided to check on
a ferret that had been there for several days. I was handed a very
confused little boy. The officer explained he had stopped eating and
just seemed sad.

Holding this little broken hearted soul made my own pain seem less
intense, I no longer felt so empty.

I placed the little ferret in my carrier and we went home. Today,
Bailey is happy, getting healthy, and is settled in with my remaining
ferret, Bizzy.

Two hearts on the mend, again.

If your heart is broken, the shelters are full of Baileys, Isabellas,
Mz Lilys, Little Kidds..... Just waiting for the chance to help you
mend a broken heart.

Ardith
remembering 5