From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 06:14:48 -0500
I have taken in puppies whose mothers were lovers not mothers. As soon
as the puppies were detatched, she was off again.

To raise a puppie requires formula that must be warm, and I was feeding
every 2 to 21/2 hours in the beginning. They are still making dogs like
they used to, so I cannot see these parents dedicating that much time
to a puppy. The two week old theory does not fly. They just have their
eyes open, and are belly crawling around.

Any mother know how a baby cried with a diaper rash. And that is
nothing compared to having your toe chewed off. This story gives Pit
Bulls and Ferrets a bad name.

If the puppy was not fed for days, the ferrets probably was not either.
And the baby - maybe not. Was the doting mother, who put bedding out
in the living room so she could be near the baby a nursing mother? Any
nursing mother knows, the Good Father is in the baby's corner. One yell
from the baby, and your milk