From:
"Grant, Lillian CIV 92000" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:19:12 -0700
Ferrets are like any other living thing, what works for one may not
work as well for another. With that said this is what worked with
my Claudia, an "Mature Lady" of 6+ when she and her sister Scarlett
O'Ferret came to live with me. Both Angels. I could tell Claudia had
all the "tell-tell" signs of Insulinoma. I found a great Ferret Vet. I
learned when ferrets have Insulinoma esquires, there is a drop in their
body temperature. I addressed this situation with a warm (used the
microwave) blanket/towel and wrapped her up in it and/or put her on a
trusty "mild warm" heating pad, while I made up a mixture to feed her.
A mixture of ground up (used an old coffee bean grinder) ferret food,
some children baby food, Glucerna, Nomi Juice, Ferretvite/ferretone
for flavor, enough bottled water to liquid it enough to use a liquid
dropper to feed her a few drops at a time. 80% of the time, these two
items worked wonders for her in average 10-20 minutes. I did have times
where it was closer to an hour max. I didn't have any luck with Karo.
She continue to have esquires throughout the 2 years she graced my
life. She has been dancing at the Bridge for 8 years now and I still
remember her and smile.

Stephanie and the Closet Thieves:
Milo, Ruby Jean, Ellie Mae, Frodo, Carl, Buddy, Claude & Peppy La Pe,
Plus:  TAZ (dog), Dara Nin & Tommy (cats),
Jack (bunny) and the Finch Society