From:
Gordon Bengtson CI-ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:54:10 -0500
Today at work I got an e-mail from the friend that has Diz. Many of you
may remember of Diz and Byte-me being togather haveing fun here in the
house with me when I was ferret sitting.

Diz was a most unusual little animal. She would love to just be
with humans. She would come to me and wait at my feet for a bit of
attention, would run behind me as I moved about the house, would sleep
in bed with Byte-me and me making a larger lump under the bed spread.
Diz was a very active animal full of fun and vigor.

Last month Lee tole me Diz was loosing fur off the tip of her tail.
I explained that was not a good sign and she needed to see a vet for
possible problems. Otherwise Diz was in perfect health.

Yesterday Diz was not very active so Lee had her on the couch with him.
Diz was not very responsive to much which was extremely unusual for
her. This morning Lee heard a 'THUMP' where Diz fell out of her hammy
to the floor of her cage. Diz began to scream bloody murder.

Lee knew there was something very wrong so he rushed her to a vet. Diz
was screaming all the time. Lee had never heard a ferret screan never
mind like that. The vet explained that Diz had most likely ruptured
some internal organ. Lee decided to have her put to sleep. This was
the very best gift he could give her where she was nearly 8 years old
and obviously in horrid pain. Diz passed peacefully.

Lee called me at work and I all but broke down in tears. Am close to
that now as I write. Strange how anone gets so attached to an animal
but Lee did and so did I. Was not the first time not shall it be the
last. Just part of life.

Diz is at peace now and possibly playing with Byte-me, Kodo, Bud, Podo,
Rug Lumper, Pete, Nibble-Ed and the others. Such is this day. Sigh.

Aarrow-Ranch Aviation
Rev. J Gordon Bengtson
7302 Hunterbrook Drive, Suite 100
Mechanicsville, Va. 23111