Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2007 14:10:14 -0500
I wanted to pass along some info that might be helpful in saving some
money to a lot of us on the list. I have been having a hard time
finding Diazoxide (Proglycem) that is anywhere near affordable. Thanks
to my vet's help, I found a place in New Hampshire that compounded it
to his specifications and sent it directly to me. It was ordered on
Wednesday and by mid-day Friday it was here (in Connecticut). This
pharmacy was extremely easy to work with and called me to confirm
everything and get my credit card info. They have a website also. The
bottom line is that I had been paying over $100 for a month's supply
of Diazoxide, and I got it from them for $45, freshly compounded, plus
$5 shipping. This was for 60 ml, 15 mg/ml, flavored. I don't know the
rules about 'advertising' a place like this on this list, so I will
just say that if you email me privately I will be more than happy to
give you their website and phone number. I would think it's at least
worth an inquiry, particularly for shelters that may be able to save
even more by buying a larger amount.

Jeff and Neo

[P.S.]
Bill Gruber said it was okay to give the name of the pharmacy referred
to in my prior posting that I used recently for the Diazoxide that
saved me considerable money, so here it is:

   http://www.wingatepharmacy.com/

Jeff and Neo