From:
Vicki Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:09:47 -0800
Hi All;

Jean and I have both received quite a few comments on my post two days
ago concerning everyone becoming socially responsible and taking a role
in saving all of the unwanted or displaced animals that we can (in this
case - ferrets) rather than ignoring the situtation or taking pot shots
at rescues that finally cry out for a bit of assistance.

In reading some of the kudos that I personally received I thought maybe
I should make one more thing clear.

My post was in no way meant to put anyone in particular or specific in
their place or flame anyone.

No one suggested that I did that, but for the people who did criticize
overflowing rescues or underfunded rescues - I don't want to loose you
people or drive you away from your local rescues with miscontrued
messages ..

I do however want to drag you by your collars, your bootstraps, by the
seat of your pants and by your very elbows (for grease) and your
pocketbooks (for some financial assistance) to get you on-board with
rescuing and helping rescues...

My post was totally meant to make EVERYONE think about what is going on
in this or their own country and what they can do to help change the
reality of a non-human animal's life.

Rescues are providing the walls, floors and ceilings.. you can too by
fostering or you can help keep the primary rescue home clean and well
stocked (food, medicines, blankets, towels, bowls, etc) and assist with
vet costs.

Please don't get mad or hide if my (or anyone else's) words hit home..
THINK about what I said and if you can in anyway play on our team..
the Rescue Team.. not to be confused with the Shelter or Pound team...
please do so.

Vicki

Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue
Greater Houston/Galveston Texas
713-472-6599
PayPal: [log in to unmask]

Email: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]