From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:24:29 -0500
Posted with permission. Please feel free to cross post. If you live
in Kansas, please attend! These people would love to see black-footed
ferrets introduced onto their property.

Linda Iroff
International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org
 ------------------------

Dear Wildlife Supporter,

Wildlife heroes -- and the wildlife they're trying to save -- need your
help!

The Logan County Commission has filed suit to force ranchers Bette and
Larry Haverfield and other wildlife-friendly landowners to destroy
several prairie dog towns in the county, including Kansas's largest.
A court hearing will be held this Friday.

Please attend and show your support for prairie wildlife and the
landowners who want to preserve it.

What: Court Hearing for Prairie Dogs Where: Logan County Courthouse,
710 W 2nd St, Oakley, Kansas When: Friday, February 2nd (Groundhog
Day!) at 9:00 AM (Central Time)

The Haverfields and their fellow wildlife-friendly landowners have seen
firsthand the diversity of wildlife that prairie dog towns bring. From
hawks to swift foxes, badgers to burrowing owls, plenty of wildlife
finds safe harbor on the ranch.

Now you can show your support for these landowners who are standing up
for the wildlife on their lands. Attend the court hearing at the Logan
County Courthouse -- but please be respectful; make no noise, clapping
or outbursts.

It is important for wildlife supporters to show our presence in the
courthouse to counter the all-out effort by the Farm Bureau to pack the
courtroom with an anti-wildlife crowd. We can send a powerful message
to the County Commissioners and state legislators that Kansans care
about their state's wildlife.

Arrive early if you can -- we will have stickers available for you to
show that you support the landowners and wildlife.

If you would like more information, please email me at
[log in to unmask] or call (303) 825-0918.

I hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
Jonathan Proctor
Southern Rockies/Great Plains Representative
Defenders of Wildlife