From:
Heather Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2007 17:40:41 -0500
Filed under "F" for Ferret

Whenever we get a new ferret, my husband Steve quotes a scene from the
movie Turner and Hooch replacing the parts that apply to a dog and
making it applicable to the ferret. So, he picks up the ferret and
carries the new baby from room to room reciting the following quote.

"These are the simple rules. No chattering, no biting, you will not
squat in any corner of the house. This is not your room. No stealing
the remote, no chewing of shoes, you will wear a bell collar. This is
not your room. No hiding your food, no sniffing of socks, and you will
not drink my soda. This is not your room."

Imagine my husbands surprise when after having this special talk with
all the ferrets, he goes to his desk and opens the file cabinet and up
pops Latte our white ferret with ruby eyes out of one of the files
chattering at him while in a no, no room. He opens a desk drawer and
there's Stitch with kibble stashed inside. Scarlet's on top of the desk
drinking his soda and Wolfe runs by with the remote. Of course, none of
them are wearing bell collars as Rogue has taught them all how to get
them off. He calmly closes the file cabinet and states "We'll just file
that under "F" for Ferret".

By Heather Draper