From:
Susann Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:42:53 -0500
>From:    kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>

>first...this is not spurred on by the recent posts about the giving
>tree...it is just a feeling i have been having rattling around inside
>of me for a while...and actually has nothing to do with the giving
>tree stuff at all...
>
>IN MY OPINION... shelter folks are SPECIAL...they have SO MUCH MORE on
>their plates than most of us...

Kat,

Thanks for your eloquent post, and I agree with everything you've said
about the tremendous sacrifices and hard life of a shelter owner.

But how much time does it take to send one email to the FML, thanking
people who gave to your shelter off the Giving Tree? Maybe two minutes?
In comparison, how long does it take to post something for sale on
eBay?

What gets me are the people who write long posts explaining why they're
too busy to say thank you to their Santas. It happened to me, and I've
seen it happen to others. It's a darned shame because these shelters
are only making things even harder for themselves. As so many others
here have already said, a simple thank you goes a long way. It makes
you want to give AGAIN next year. If your gift is ignored, you'll
probably give to someone else next time.

Susann Thiel