Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2007 16:10:09 -0500
I used to use Innova Evo cat food before they came out with the ferret
food, since then I have switched. I was hesitant at first to switch
since I didn't want to spend more money if it wasn't that much
different. The order of carbohydrates and fiber each one has is the dog
being the highest, cat the medium, and the ferret being the lowest.

There was enough of a difference to make me want to switch. After
all the closest to a natural ferret diet is the least carbohydrates,
especially fast acting sugars. The dog version I feel has too many
carbohydrates for ferrets. Now if people are having a problem with
their ferrets having diarrhea after a month, you could switch to the
cat version which has a little more fiber. Remember, whenever you
switch diets though you will usually have diarrhea for a week or so
with it slowly getting firmer. Since using this food, the one huge
thing I have noticed is that even my older ferrets act almost like
kits, and definitely have better muscle tone and fur. I hope this
helps!